Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Week 37: UPDATE

I had my 37 week appointment yesterday, and all went well...i guess. Everyone that has been pregnant before knows the drill, get weighed, pee in a cup, have your blood pressure checked, get belly measured, and listen to baby's heart beat.  Well at your 37 week appointment you get the Strep B test done and then you usually get checked to see if you've made any progress.( Dilation and stuff.) I was so excited to see if i had dilated. 

So i get there, get weighed, Notice I lost 2 pounds. I'm thinking to myself is that normal?!?!?! Lose 2 pounds in 2 weeks. ...... I then pee in a cup. All is well. Then it's time for my blood pressure. It was really high. Never had that before. Starting to worry alittle. I've lost weight my blood pressure is realy high. What next. Then my belly gets measured all is well again, and then i get to listen to the heart beat. It's usually in the 150-160's. It was in the 120's.  now i'm starting to worry. My Doctor who is amazing I might add, specializes in high risk pregnancies, so when she told me not to worry I believed her. She said that at the very end it's common for these things to happen. VERY END... yah I'm close. She then checks me, I am 2 cm dilated and only 50% effaced. So I at least know I'm making progress.  Not much longer!! A week or two tops!!!!!!!!!! Yah let's all cheer!!!!! I can't wait to meet this little guy!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

YAY Keri!!! I'm so glad all is well!!!

Daisha said...

I'm sad I couldn't make your baby shower tonight. I hope it was awesome! Thanks for the PODS info, that helps a lot. I hope that your little guy comes soon!
Good luck with everything!

Unknown said...

SO EXCITING! I can't wait till we get to that point...few more months! I wish we were all closer as our families keep growing.