Monday, February 11, 2008

Half way to 50!!!!!

Did anyone else get depressed on their 25th birthday? Or am i just weird? Now i know 25 is still young, but it just sounds really old to me . I 'm no longer in my early twenties. I'm only 5 years away from being 30!!! I'm half way to the big 50. Ahhhhh!!!! Where does the time go? Now i know it's just a number, Because truly i don't feel a day older than 19. (unless i have to sit on the floor for a long period of time.) So why am i soooo not happy about being 25? And if i am this depressed now, what am i going to do when i turn 30!!!! oh well, nothing i can do. i guess, we all get old someday, right!!!!!!! Anyways, about my birthday. After church we ( the whole family) headed over to my parents house for a party. We had a awesome dinner, watched the grandkids put on a play. And even played a game. i opened up all my presents and then had a yummy dessert. It was great being back home for my birthday. I don't remember the last time i was home with the family on my birthday. It was a real treat! Thanks for all the great gifts and money. Love you all!

9 comments:

Erin said...

I know what you mean about only feeling 19 (although, I feel a little younger!) and I certainly don't look my age which helps keep the anxiety at bay - you should'nt worry about it (I believe its called a "quarter-life crisis"!)
by-the-way, breakfast was so much fun, thanks!

Acker Family said...

Happy belated birthday to you! I came across your blog and had to say hi :) It was fun seeing you at the gym the other week ( i haven't been since! We were sick and really, I hate going :)) Hope all is well with you!-Amanda

Daisha said...

Hope your birthday was great! I thought about you and remembered! I saw on your comment on Amanda's blog that Jenn is coming to town! We should all get together. email me and I'll get your number - daishajohnson@gmail.com!
We aren't old are we? With 3 kids already I feel like I should be older!!

Jenn said...

Hey Keri, wanna get together Monday or Tuesday with Daisha, Amanda, and I? Let me know!!

Jenn said...

Ok let's do Tuesday cuz my mom works that day so she can part with the boys, haha. What time works for you? My boys sleep 2-4. Do you guys wanna get together with the kids then maybe do dinner without the kids? What do you think? Let me know! Oh, and could we come to your house? We could come to my parent's house too but it's not quite as kid friendly ya know?

Jenn said...

Ok so I finally got a hold of Daisha and it sounds like tomorrow at your house at 12pm. Does that work? Daisha can't go out to dinner that night and I'm not sure yet about me but let's at least get together during the day. Does that sound good? Let me know! Oh and I also need to know where you live!?

Jenn said...

Ok sounds good! I'll be there! Haha, you ready for 6 little kids running around? (I'm assuming Lily and Tessa aren't up and around yet, haha). Also, should I bring stuff over for lunch or do you have just like pb&j stuff or what? I feel bad eating your food but I know my boys will get hungry but I can totally bring stuff too so let me know. See ya tomorrow!!!

Palmer Family said...

Hey Keri! What a cute family you have! Wow two boys and they are so cute and I'm sure they keep you running! It's so fun to find fellow bloggers and old friends and blogging is such a great way to keep up with people! Looks like you guys are having a mommy/kiddie play date tomorrow! Have fun I wish I could come!

Jenn said...

Keri you haven't updated your blog in forever! I wanna see something new! =) It was so good to hang out while I was in town, I wish we woulda hung out more when you lived so close to me! How's life?